Saturday, November 8, 2008

thinking of renaming the blog "Archibald Quarterly"

On this autumnal day, I feel like I must sit by a fire, with my dog, a cardigan, and a pipe. Sitting is not enough though. I crave revolution; I want to be a part of something bigger than myself. Maybe the age of revolutions is over. Maybe I was born too late. Maybe, if a revolution did occur in my backyard, I would not even have the chutzpah to step outside. I guess the thing with revolutions in the Fall is that someone has to start them. And what would be the revolutionary cause for which I would fight? Is there anything really worth fighting for?
I heard once the only real purpose for revolutions is to be able to love who you want, how you want, when you want and where you want...
I think that's worth donning a Phrygian cap and marching somewhere. But against whom does one revolt when our rallying cry is love?
I guess I, with my pipe, my cardigan, and my dog will just sit by the fire until we figure out the answers to these questions.

3 comments:

The Family Johnston said...

quarterly? its only been one short month since your last post! I'm impressed!

The Family Johnston said...

did I say 1 month?
Can't brain, baby will eat me!
2 Months...still, not quite a qurter...
Sheesh.

Katie said...

You use the word autumnal in your post.

Do you think the next post will include winternal? Or shall I wait for springnal? Summernal?

Or do I have to wait for autumnal again?

Missing your brilliance.